Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Hanging on the Words of Jesus

Valuing Jesus' Words
Luke 19:47-48
And He (Jesus) was teaching daily in the temple. The chief priests and the scribes and the principal men ...were seeking to destroy Him, but they could not find anything they could do, for all the people were hanging on His Words.
The phrase "were hanging on his words" stands out to me. How often do I hang on the words of Jesus. He told his disciples in John 6:63, "It is the spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken are spirit and life." Therefore I should hang on His words. In John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Jesus came to give us abundant life. The truth sets us free to live abundantly. Jesus is the truth that sets us free from the law of sin and death. The apostle Peter said in John 6:68-69, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life, and we believed, and have come to know that you are the Holy One of God."
Whoa, you might be saying. You might think that I am getting too deep. But this is what Jesus is calling us to. There are some who think I am wrong and that's okay. Let me put it this way. If they are right and I am wrong, I have nothing to lose. But if I am right and they are wrong, they have everything to lose and I have gained eternal life (a changed life now and living with Jesus forever in the next ). I have experienced the changed life now. I am not who I used to be.
So let me ask you. Which side to you want to be on? Romans 10:9-11 tells you how you can have the assurance that I have.
As for me,  I will choose to hang on to the words of Jesus.
Disclaimer: I share with you what I have learned and what I have experienced so that you too may believe in Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment