Monday, April 27, 2015

God is Bigger Then All My Fears!

Isaiah 12:2 (ESV)
“Behold, God is my salvation;
    I will trust, and will not be afraid;
for the Lord God is my strength and my song,
    and he has become my salvation.”

A very good friend of mine once told me that fear is False Evidence Appearring Real. I have to admit that I have an unhealthy fear of negative emotions particularly anger. The false evidence appearring real to me is my belief that someone's anger is my responsibility and that it can cause me harm. God does not want me to be controlled by someone's anger. For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self control, 2 Timothy 1:7. I have had to tell myself that God is bigger than my fear and that He will protect me. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do to me? Psalm 118:6. If I give into my fear then I am saying that my fear is greater and I do not trust Him.
I know that I can trust Him. For when I stop and consider the wonder of the universe and that He holds the stars in their places and that God sent His Son to die in my place who am I to say that He can't be trusted. There are quite a few verses that tell me to be strong in the Lord for He is with me wherever I go. Joshua 1:9; Haggai 2:4; 1 Corinthians 16:13; Ephesians 6:10 To overcome my fear of negative emotions I am to trust in the Lord. Psalm 115:11 tells me that I can trust in the Lord for He is my help and my shield. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put (my) confidence in man, Psalm 118:8. Psalm 118 will be my meditation this week. It is so good to read.

I encourage you to read Psalm 118 for yourself and see what God is trying to tell you. As for me, I will trust in Him and not be afraid for what can man do to me.

My Prayer: Dear Father in heaven, forgive me when I give into my fears. I give You thanks for Your Word tells me that You are worthy of my trust and that You are by my side. I will trust and not be afraid for You are mighty and care for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment