Thursday, April 9, 2015

Giving Thanks to God!

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart!
Words from a song that comes to mind when I think about giving thanks.

I give thanks for Celebrate Recovery (CR), a twelve step Christ-centered recovery program. It is not just for those with a chemical addiction but for anyone with hurts, hang-ups and habits and we all have them because life hurts all of us at some point in time. My first sponsor is one reason I am thankful for CR. She, with the help of God, helped me to change my "stinking thinking." She also encouraged me to get connected with others outside of my extended family. This was a huge step in my recovery over my hurts, hang-ups and habits. God helped me to see past myself and get connected with healthy people.  
1 Peter 5:10, And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. This verse was a big encouragement to me. I came to understand that God uses the trails in my life to shape me and make me strong, firm, and steadfast.

I am thankful for my husband. He is my heart's desire. Psalm 37:4 reads, Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.  My husband has been my greatest supporter and has challenged me to grow without demanding that I grow and change. He loves me for who I am.

I am thankful to live in a country where I have the freedom to attend Bible study and church. I cannot take this for granted because I know that not everyone has this freedom. I have had a love of God's word since I was a child. To me the Bible is God's Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. It has the answers to all of life's questions and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to study His word in Bible Study Fellowship and now Community Bible Study. Romans 12:2 is one of my favorite verses. It reads  Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. I am grateful for the church that I attend. Our Motto is Know Christ, Live Christ, Make Christ Known.

My Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven, there are not enough words to express the thanks I have for the people that you have brought into my life. I am blessed beyond measure to be able to study Your word. Help me to impart its importance to others so others may know You and Your Son, Jesus who You sent to die for us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment