Thursday, April 30, 2015

Gratitude for Lessons Learned!

Psalm 118:1
Oh, give thanks to the Lord for He is good;
For His steadfast love endures forever!
James 1:2-4
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

 I am thankful that I waited on the Lord and sought Him when faced with a difficult decision. I am thankful for the strength He gave me to stand by my decision and for the clarity of mind this morning. God helped me to see past the emotions involved to get to the practical side of things. By nature, I do not like to give cause for another person to be unhappy but I have to be true to myself and honest. I cannot placate another person because it does not benefit them. It inhibits their ability to practice self control. I am learning that everything that comes my way; God has a purpose in it. It is up to me to exercise the emotional muscle that God has helped me to develop. If I do not, then I lose ground and no one is the better for it. God does work all things together for my good which is to build my character to be like Jesus. Yesterday, when faced with a struggle I chose to spend time with God apart from distractions like TV, computer, or food. What peace came to my soul afterwards! I do believe that this is what God has been trying to get me to do all along and to trust Him with the outcome. For it is better to trust in God than to put my trust in man. What a lesson! My obedience was rewarded with peace and a sound mind.

My challenge for you is the next time you are faced with a difficult situation; take it to the Lord and spend time alone with Him. Where do you turn when you need help?

My prayer: Dear Father in heaven, I praise Your Holy Name! For You are true to Your Word. Thank for you for giving Your peace and clarity of thinking. I trust You to work it out to Your glory. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment