Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Sharing My Story with You.

Where I am Today.
2 Timothy 1:12b
But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me.

I am not ashamed to admit that I am a believer in Christ Jesus. Without my faith, I am sure that I would not be where I am today. Having had a number of struggles and tragic losses, I could very well have ended up being dependent on other things to cover my pain or possibly even made an attempt to end my life. It has not always been easy and I have been persecuted for what I believe. Yet, God has been ever faithful and His word has been a comfort and my mainstay. I have not always gotten it right and there were times when my life did not reflect Christ. I returned to my first love that of Christ and I delight myself in the Lord as often as I can.

Today, I am blessed beyond measure with a husband who cherishes me, children that are strong independent individuals, and a number of wonderful fellow Christian friends. I attend church regularly as well as Bible study. I am active with Williamson County Christian Women's Connection. God has helped me to reconcile with my mother and we have a beautiful new relationship. I attend Celebrate Recovery to continue to work on my hurts, hang-ups, and habits. You see, God is not done with me yet. He is faithful to complete the good work He began in me and will complete at the day of Christ Jesus (Philippians 1:6).

I share my story with you so that you may know where I am coming from and trust what I say to be true to the best of my ability. For I am called to testify to God's grace. (Acts 20:24, However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.)

May you be encouraged by my story to know Him better.

My prayer: Dear Father in heaven, thank you for this venue to testify to You and the good news of Jesus Christ. Continue to work in me and through me so that I may a blessing to those around me. The glory and honor be Yours now and forevermore. Amen.

2 comments: