Thursday, April 16, 2015

Giving Thanks for ...

God's Promises


I am thankful that God is true to His promises and for the willingness to push through on something that I kept putting off. God cares about every detail of my life and yours. If I put Him first He will direct my path and order my days. This has happened more than once in my life. Yet, I get lazy and forget and then wonder why chaos has ensued again. Praise God that He has not given up on me. I need not put off to tomorrow what I can do today because tomorrow will have enough troubles of its own. I am to take things one day at a time.
Matthew 6:33 (AMP)
33 But seek ([a]aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness ([b]His way of doing and being right), and then all these things [c]taken together will be given you besides.
 
Proverbs 3:6 (AMP)
 In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.

Take God at His Word and see how He blesses you with order and increase your time. Prioritize your life.

My Prayer: Dear Father in heaven, I give thanks that You are true to Your word. Forgive me for the times that I have not always put You first. Help me to get my priorities right.   Use me to draw others to You. Amen.



 Footnotes:
  1. Matthew 6:33 Joseph Thayer, A Greek-English Lexicon.
  2. Matthew 6:33 Charles B. Williams, The New Testament: A Translation.
  3. Matthew 6:33 Joseph Thayer, A Greek-English Lexicon.

No comments:

Post a Comment