Thursday, April 2, 2015

What I am Thankful for Today

Laughter in the Midst of Grief
 Proverbs 15:14-16
 The heart of him who has understanding seeks knowledge,
    but the mouths of fools feed on folly.
15 All the days of the afflicted are evil,
    but the cheerful of heart has a continual feast.
16 Better is a little with the fear of the Lord
    than great treasure and trouble with it.

 Whilst I was a way to attend my father's memorial service in Henderson, Nevada, God gave me the gift of laughter. For you see with grief comes meaning different thoughts and feelings. There are times of tears and sadness and times of intense anger and strife, but I find it to be a gift when something causes one to laugh and not just a funny ha-ha but a gut busting laughter. There was a time of levity while I was there and I wrote about it and titled it, names have been omitted as not to offend.

"Something Funny Happened on the Way to My Brother's"
 There were four of us in the car. We had to make a stop to pick someone else up along the way. There was some confusion as to where to find the other person. Something funny was said and we will started to laugh. The driver and passengers were laughing so hard that I thought that we were going to have to pull over. I thought that it would be hilarious if we had to pull over and should a police officer pull up and ask us what was the matter? I would say, "Officer, quick call an ambulance we are dying of laughter!"

 It felt so good to laugh in midst of our sad time. I am thankful too for the opportunity to offer words of comfort and prayer for those left behind. For I am instructed to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort which I have received from God (2 Corinthians 1:3-4). Blessings to family of my father in Henderson, Nevada and elsewhere. May God comfort them and give them peace has He alone knows best.

Disclaimer: I share with you what I have learned and experienced for myself so that you may know that the love of God is real and that He sent His son to die for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment