Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Truth About Me.

Without Christ and With Christ

Without Christ, I am prone to self pity, withdrawing when conflict arises, and use passive-aggressive behavior to try to manipulate others. I am also an emotional eater and will use food to try to comfort myself. I am a grumbler and complainer too. Destined to spend eternity without God. I would not make a good friend.

With Christ, I am God's chosen, holy and beloved (Colossians 3:12). God rejoices over me with singing (Zephaniah 3:17). God is gracious to me and shows mercy to me (Isaiah 30:18). I no longer stand condemned (Romans 8:1). I am a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). I am called to a newness of life and mind (Romans 12:1-2). God has given me everything I need to live a truly good life and bestowed on me His great promises so that I may escape the corruption in the world (2 Peter 1:3-8). God will help me resist temptation (1 Corinthians 10:13). Let me not forget that I am forgiven (Colossians 3:13). As a beloved and chosen with newness of life and forgiven by God, I can love others as Christ first loved me and forgive as I have been forgiven. Thus I make a better mother, daughter, sister, wife and friend not because of anything I did but because of what Christ did for me and the changes He is making in me.

There is so much to be gained from believing in Jesus and what He did for me. In the two links (highlighted in red) I have three versions of the scripture which I have found to be quite helpful. I have God's approval through Jesus therefore I need no other. Whatever approval I do receive from others I now consider as a gift from God and not something that I must have. 

It is my hope and prayer that I can encourage and enlighten others to strengthen their faith and draw others to know Him better.

My prayer: Dear Father in heaven, I give You many thanks for making me Yours through Your son, Jesus. Help to remember that I have Your approval and not to seek after the approval of men. May others be strengthened in their faith and draw others to You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment