Saturday, May 2, 2015

F.A.I.T.H.

Fantastic Adventure In Trusting Him
John 20:30-31 (ESV)
30 Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

There are several examples of great faith in the Bible; The Leper in Matthew 8:2; The Centurion in Matthew 8:10;  and The Ruler in Matthew 9:18 just to name a few. But for me, Abraham had great faith in God to leave home to go to an unknown land. He had a fantastic adventure in trusting Him. Even when God called him to sacrifice his only son, Issac, Abraham believed in God's promises and therefore he believed in the resurrection. Yet God provided a lamb and Issac was spared. This was a foreshadowing of what God would do for us through His one and only Son, Jesus. John 3:14-20 sums it up quite well.
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.

I recently heard it explained that the two thieves that were crucified with Jesus represented humanity in that there would be those who would believe in Jesus and those who would reject Him. I thank God that His Holy Spirit has lead me to believe in Him and through Him I have eternal life and hope in my heart. I, too, am having a fantastic adventure in trusting Him. I know that without faith it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6). 

Believing is more than a mental assent. It is clinging to, relying on, adhering to, and trusting in Jesus with all your heart as if  your life depended on it. In whom do you trust in, rely on, cling to, and adhere to?

My prayer: Dear Father in heaven, thank you for making me Yours through Your beloved Son, Jesus and Your Holy Spirit convicting me of my sin. I know that a part from You I can do nothing. May those who read this blog be encouraged to believe in You fully. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment