Monday, August 3, 2015

Distractions from What Really Matters

God's Ways & Thoughts Are Higher Than Mine.
Think of These.
Philippians 4:8-9 AMP
 For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them].
Practice what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and model your way of living on it, and the God of peace (of [d]untroubled, undisturbed well-being) will be with you.

I have become aware of the fact that I need to be more thoughtful in what I read on Facebook and what I re-post. I need to strive to read that which fits the above list and re-post the same. There is so much out there that draws my attention but not all of it is praiseworthy, honorable or just. It is not my desire to stir up strife. Therefore, I will aim to share only that which is uplifting and inspiring. I need to practice what I learn from God's word. Harsh words stir up anger whereas gentle words turns away wrath. I need to let others find things out for themselves and find ways to be an encourager. There are many positive stories out there to share and I will choose to let the other go. I will pray for the things that I have no control over and trust it to God's hands.

Please forgive me if I have give you reason to be troubled with anything that I may have shared on FB.

My Prayer:Dear Father in heaven, forgive me if I have stirred up any strife or my words have not built others up. Inspire me to be wise in what I read and share with others. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment