Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Bible Will Endure

The Word of God Endures Forever

Using my Thompson Chain Reference Bible, I found that the Bible was written with a purpose. Things will come and go but the Word of God will endure forever.
  To Authenticate the Divinity of Christ - John 20:31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
  To give Hope to Men -  Romans 15:4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.
  To Relate Human Experience as a Warning - 1 Corinthians 10:11
 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.
  To give Knowledge of Eternal Life - 1 John 5:13  I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.
This is only just a little of what the Bible tells us about the Word of God. Its purpose is most important. Pointing us to Christ and telling us of eternal life. Once you have this then you desire to know more of God's word. 

I recently read about how late night TV is changing from sarcasm to joy and hope. People want to have hope again but true hope comes from knowing Jesus. I desire to be His messenger of hope. Jesus gives hope to the hopeless and I need to be first filled with it and allow Jesus to work through me to be His messenger. I need to ask Jesus to take away my judgmental spirit and give my eyes to see people as He does and not as I would. 

I remember an old saying, "That's better than sliced bread," meaning that something was quite significant. God's Word is just that; better than sliced bread. It has the answers to life's questions. 
Jeremiah 33:3
 ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’
God waits for us to call out to Him. He knows and wants what is best for us. Yet, He is not pushy and will not force us to receive His Son. He desires for us to want Him more. He has revealed so much to me. Each year, I see the changes that He is making in me and I stand in amazement. 

My Prayer: Dear God, hear my prayer, I desire to be Your messenger of hope but first I have to let go of my perceptions of how things ought to be. Help me, Lord, to see people through Your eyes and not my own. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment