Friday, August 7, 2015

Spiritual Life as a Believer in Christ

Scripture to Ponder & Contemplate On
 
I found some general references to the spiritual life that I wanted to share. The spiritual life is sustained by the Word of God.
Deuteronomy 8:3 NIV
   He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.
 
It is secured through faith. It is not of ourselves nor inside of us apart from faith.
John 5:24 NIV
(Jesus said) Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.
 
John 20:31 NIV
But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
(This was John's purpose for writing the gospel.)
 
Spiritual Life necessitates death to sin and self. There are three good verses for this. Our lives are not our own and we are to live for Jesus.
2 Corinthians 4:11 & 5:15 NIV
11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body.
 
15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. 
 
Galatians 2:20 NIV
 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
 
 Christ is the supreme object of one's spiritual life and love is the demonstration of one's spiritual life.
Philippians 1:21 NIV 
 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
 
 1 Peter 4:6 NIV
For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to human standards in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.
 
 1 John 3:14 NIV
 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love each other. Anyone who does not love remains in death.
 
Again this is a working of His spirit in us not solely on our own. God's word is truly active and life changing. The more of the Word we learn and put to use in our lives the greater control the Spirit as in our lives. It renews our minds, uplifts, empowers, comforts and direct us. 
 
May you be inspired to search God's word and learn to know Him more.
 
 
My Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven, thank You for giving me Your Word and the desire to know You more. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment