Friday, August 14, 2015

Higher are God's Ways

Than Mine & His Thoughts than Mine.
Isaiah 55:8-9
 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts."

As I sit here this morning, I am humbled because God has made me realize that His thought and ways are higher than mine. I am thankful that God is not like me. If God were to treat me the way that I have treated those I love, just this morning, I would be hurt. God does not tell me to 'go away I am busy right now' when I seek Him nor does He limit His time with me. Father, forgive me.

But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious,
    slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.
Psalm 86:15

God is patient, gracious, and abounding in mercy and I am not, however, He has the power to help me to do better. I, first, have to admit that I am not God and that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing. If I will voluntarily submit to every change that God wants make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects, this is where true change will happen because I matter to Him and He has the power to help me change. Now I need to evaluate all my relationships and make amends to those I have hurt just this morning. God is faithful and just and will forgive me of all my sin if I confess and repent by choosing to turn to Him.


My Prayer: Father God, I am thankful that You are not like me and that You have the power to help me make changes. Grant me the courage to change the things I can and the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen!!!! Was just repeating the serenity prayer over and over this morning myself!

    ReplyDelete