Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Glorifying God,

Duty of
 By Entire Consecration
1 Corinthians 6:20 KJV
2 Thessalonians 1: 11-12 NIV

There are several ways that I can glorify God. What strikes me today is 1 Corinthians 6:20, 'For ye (you) are brought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.' I am His, therefore, I am to glorify Him in body and spirit. I ask how and find the answer in 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12. It is through prayer that God will make me worhty of His calling and that by His power He will bring to fruition my every desire for goodness and my every deed prompted by faith thus the name of Jesus is glorified in me and I in Him according to the grace of my God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

It is God's power working in me to avoid that which is not good for my body and soul granted that my spirit is willing. As my Heavenly Father, He does have my best interest at heart. He knows exactly what I need whether it is blessings or discipline. I know that He disciplines those He loves and who love Him. Though discipline is not easy it is rewarding because it helps shapes me into the image of Christ.

Yesterday, I had the experience of both a high and a low. I operated out of love toward someone who is estranged for me and I felt like I was where wanted to be and I did not need to continue with my Celebrate Recovery step study, yet, God quickly reminded me that I am not done as of yet. Recognizing it for what it was I am thankful for the reminder and will continue to do the work that is necessary. This is how I glorify God with my spirit. 

I continue to train for the 5K for it is good for my body. It helps curve my appetite and maintain a healthy blood pressure. This is how I glorify God in my body by taking care of what He has given me.

God is good. Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.


 My Prayer: Father God, You are good and You discipline those You love. Thank You for loving me enough to remind me that as long as I am on earth I am not done yet. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment