Saturday, August 29, 2015

Live A Life Worthy of the Calling

You Have Received.
Ephesians 4:1- 7

I want to first apologize for missing the last couple of days. I unfortunately allowed myself to get too busy. 
I like this passage because it addresses the fact that I am called to live a life worthy of the calling I have received and reveals what that looks like.  
2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. For the sake of unity, I am to strive to be humble and gentle as well as patient and bearing with one another. This, for me, is to think of myself less and others more in order to be patient and bear with others. I am to come along side and be there for a friend or family member even if it means letting something else go. 
 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. This ties in well with Romans 12:18 which tells me that as far as it depends on me to live at peace with everyone. Peace brings about unity. Peace for me means giving up the right to be right and a willingness to work for a win-win situation.  
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. I am to remember that there is one body and one Spirit. All in all there is one God and Father over all to which I am called to one hope. God has got it covered. There is no need for fuss.
But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. This sums it all up. Grace given to me by Christ makes it all possible. I just have to be a willing participant in what God is doing in me through Jesus and the power of His Holy Spirit. 
I stand amazed at the power of God working in me. I relate better to my family now. I look to God for my approval and I need no longer fear what others think of me or what they can do to me. My God is greater and is able to do more than I can possibly ask. What an awesome God I serve.


God has the power to do great things. Seek Him and He will show you!


Prayer: Dear God, who art in heaven, thank you for showing me how You want me to live my life and bringing about the changes in me. May others see Jesus in me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment