Thursday, August 13, 2015

A Harsh Truth

God Will Repay with Affliction 
Those Who Afflict You
2 Thessalonians 1:5-12

It is easy to get discouraged when reading or watching the news. So much confusion, chaos, and disorder out in the world. But reading 2 Thessalonians 1, I am reminded that God is in control and sin will not go unpunished. He is very mindful of what is going on and He will repay with affliction and when Jesus is revealed from heaven He will inflict vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. This is a harsh truth.

For this reason, it is vital to share Jesus with those we love and at every opportunity. The gospel is the sweetest message that gives life to the lifeless and hope to the hopeless. I need to remind myself that I am nothing apart from Jesus and it is because of Him, that I live and move and have my being. I am always in need of a Savior. God will make a way and all I need to do is be obedient to His call.

My God is a mighty God and worthy to be praised for He loved me so much that He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, to die a death that was meant for me, that  believing in Him and who sent Him I might have a newness of life as well as eternal life when I die.  

My Prayer: Father God in heaven, I rejoice in knowing that You are in control. There is nothing that You know not of and You will bring judgement on the day Your Son, Jesus, is revealed. Give me Your words that I might tell others of You so that they, too, may have what I have, blessed assurance. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment