Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The Desires of Our Hearts

God Knows Them & Desires to Answer
Psalm37:4 AMP
Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart. 

There are desires in our hearts that we ourselves do not know of because God put them there. I know this to be true. For God gave me my heart's desire 9 years ago tomorrow. I had read Psalm 37:4 before meeting him. I put my heart into serving the Lord and others in 2003. A dear friend of mine told me in January 2004 that she was praying for a husband for me. I had no clue what my heart's desire was until I met my husband in the fall of 2004. My husband proposed to me on Memorial Day 2006. We were married August 5, 2006. I am truly blessed and for ever thankful for God answering my friend's prayer and giving me my heart's desire. I know that every good gift is from above, coming down from the Father.
Delighting one's self in the Lord is spending time with Him and His word and seeking to do His will. When I keep my focus on God, He blesses me. Matthew 6:33 tells me that to seek first the Kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you. It is not an easy road at first because this world wants to draw one's focus elsewhere. 
There are many other ways that God has blessed me. I have a better relationship with my mom. I have an opportunity to serve God in other places as well as in my church. I am content and as I look back I see how God has used difficult times in my life to help me grow. I know that He delights over me with singing and calls me friend.

Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him Psalm 34:8 May you to desire to serve the Lord with gladness.

My Prayer: Dear father in heaven, You are mighty and woorthy of praise. Thank You, Lord, for blessing me with my heart's desire. May others come to know You more and see that You are good. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment