Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Connecting the Dots

Romans 5:1-5
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Looking back on chapter four, it addresses the faith of Abraham being counted as righteousness for our sake, for it will be counted as to us who believe in Him who raised from the dead, Jesus our Lord. Being justified by our faith we now have peace with God and we also receive grace. We are to rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 
We can rejoice in our sufferings, too, because we have been justified and thereby have peace and a hope knowing that our sufferings serves a purpose to produce endurance (long suffering) which in turns produces character (Christ-likeness) which in turns produces hope (greater trust and confidence in God). This hope in God does not put us to shame because God fills our hearts with His great love through the power of the Holy Spirit. If we keep this in our thoughts, then maybe, just maybe, we could take delight in our sufferings for they are bringing about the good that God desires for us. Draw strength from God and rejoice!
Resting in this reassurance makes it possible to withstand the various trails that come our way. Remembering that there is nothing that can ever separate us from His love. There is nothing you nor I can do to add to it or to take away from it. It is real and it is forever. 

Faith+Grace=Justification=Peace+hope to equip us to patiently endure times of trails therefore developing character and greater hope as God's love fills our hearts.

Therefore I can say! Come what may I will be okay for my God is with me for He will not leave me nor forsake me. I have peace with God and in my heart. I will do my best to rejoice in whatever trials come my way for God's love is greater.


Prayer: Almighty God, I rejoice in You for I know that You are with me and I will be okay no matter what comes my way. Great is Your love. May I rest in it all the days of my life. Ame.

No comments:

Post a Comment