Tuesday, August 25, 2015

God's Law in My Heart

Psalm 119:165 KJV
Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Colossians 3:16 NIV
Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.

 Psalm 119:11 NIV
I have hidden your word in my heart
    that I might not sin against you. 

There is much promised to me as a believer if I meditate on and hide God's word in my heart. I find comfort in the storms of life, encouragement to fight off despair, and hope for better days. He tells me of His love for me and about His character which is beyond words. He gives me grace to move forward to reconcile relationships. I knew all this as a child but better yet, I have experienced it for myself as I have grown older and spent time studying His word. Now I want to tell others of things that my God has done. He truly rewards those who seek to know Him more, and He is more than able to do all that I can ask and exceedingly more. God is everything He says He is and so much more. I am a finite being trying to comprehend an infinite God. I can only scratch the surface of His majesty. I see it in the sunset and sunrise but even better in the face of a newborn baby. I rejoice for this is the day the Lord has made.

Prayer: Dear God, praise Your Holy Name, for You have done marvelous things. Thank You, Father, for giving us Your Son and Your Word so that we may know You more. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment