Friday, July 31, 2015

Great is the Lord and Mighty in Power!

We Cannot Begin to Fully Comprehend 
The Greatness of God's Power & Might!
Psalm 147:4-6 NIV
He determines the number of the stars
    and calls them each by name.
Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
    his understanding has no limit.
The Lord sustains the humble
    but casts the wicked to the ground.

 When I am faced with a hardship, it is a challenge for me to remember the power and might of my God. He will and has sustained me many a time in my life. For God made all the stars in the heaven and knows the by name. He holds them in place as well. There is nothing my God cannot do. Yet, I am feeble and fickle that I crumble when trials come. Having looked back over my life and seen His hand at work, I can trust Him to be there for my future trials as well. He is a gracious and merciful God. I came across something in Nehemiah that is so beautiful and reminds me of His faithfulness.
Nehemiah 9:31-33 NIV
31 But in your great mercy you did not put an end to them or abandon them, for you are a gracious and merciful God.
32 “Now therefore, our God, the great God, mighty and awesome, who keeps his covenant of love, do not let all this hardship seem trifling in your eyes—the hardship that has come on us, on our kings and leaders, on our priests and prophets, on our ancestors and all your people, from the days of the kings of Assyria until today. 33 In all that has happened to us, you have remained righteous; you have acted faithfully, while we acted wickedly.
 
What this says to me is that whatever comes my way God will remain faithful and see me through even when I fall short. I have seen the footprints in my life where Jesus carried me through and the times where He had to drag me too. I know that there will be times ahead where Jesus will need to carry me again and I am forever thankful that He is there. For now I enjoy the peace He has given me and I hope to encourage others in their time of need.

Have you taken the time to look back and see where Jesus has carried you?


My Prayer: Dearest Jesus, I cannot begin to thank You enough for the times in my life where You have carried me through to the other side. Help me to encourage others who are struggling with the comfort You have given me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment