Monday, July 6, 2015

The Foundation of All Happiness

Fear God and Keep His Commandments
Ecclesiastes 12:12-14 (AMP)
13 All has been heard; the end of the matter is: Fear God [revere and worship Him, knowing that He is] and keep His commandments, for this is the whole of man [the full, original purpose of his creation, the object of God’s providence, the root of character, the foundation of all happiness, the adjustment to all inharmonious circumstances and conditions under the sun] and the whole [duty] for every man.

I was searching on Bible Gateway when I came across this verse. I found this to be quite profound. The Amplified version makes it quite clear that the foundation of all happiness is in fearing God and keeping His commandments for every man. It is just that simple yet everywhere you look you find people trying to find happiness in other places. Jesus made it clear that He came that we may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance John 10:10. It is as plain as the nose on my face. As disciple of Christ, I am to to keep His commandments to love one another and forgive as I have been forgiven. 
How often am I still before God just to know that He is? Not often enough. I worship Him at church but it needs to become a daily part of my life. It is through reading His word daily that I can know Him more and His will for my life.When I seek to please God first, I can, in turn, live a life that glorifies Him and blesses those around me. My happiness comes from knowing Him and following His will for my life. 
As I have studied and continue to study His character, it is easy to revere and worship Him. It is in knowing Him more that I love Him and want to serve Him. He is slow to anger, full of grace and truth, everlasting to everlasting, trustworthy, and faithful yet just and righteous therefore cannot be in the presence of sin. He is sovereign, mighty to save, and the creator of all that is and ever will be. His love endures forever. 
Come and know Him better, Man, for He is good.

Bible Fun Fact: Sheep are the most mentioned animal in the Bible.

My Prayer: Dear Father in heaven, thank you for showing me this verse today. I truly desire to know You more and to follow Your will. Forgive me, I pray, for trying to find others way to be happy. Help me to trust and obey You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment