Thursday, July 2, 2015

Grattitude Thursday: Give Praises to God!

Four-fold Reason for Praising God
1 Peter 2:9 (ESV)
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
 
Remember the milk commercial, "Milk. It does the body good."? Well, the same can be said about praising God. It does the soul good to sing His praises. There any number of reasons for doing so. One, life itself. Waking up to another beautiful day for we are not promised each day. It is a gift from God. God has chosen those who love Him and are called according to His purpose to be His. Second, His gift of salvation through Jesus, His Son. Jesus is the only name under heaven by which we must be saved. I am thankful for another day and the weather that has been amazing as I am training to run a 5K this year, my first.
Colossians 3:15 (ESV)
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 (ESV)
 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
 
Third, it is God's will for us to give Him thanks and praise. From this attitude of gratitude comes freedom to love others as well as to be able to forgive. When I take time to think of all that God has forgiven me, I can, in turn, forgive those who have hurt me. This sets me free. Fourth, in all circumstances, we are to give thanks. Yes, even when times are at their worst, there is always something to be thankful for. I may have to ask God to show me and He does. I remember, in time of grief, being thankful for anger because it was a change in how I felt and gave me energy to do what needed to be done. I am very grateful for the new life He has given me so that I can be who He created me to be and to show His love to others.

May you find your own reasons for giving thanks and praise to God. To God be the glory, honor, and praise.

My Prayer: Dear Father in heaven, I am forever grateful for the life You have given me and for carrying me through my darkest hours. May others come to know You and see Your goodness. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment