Saturday, July 4, 2015

Spiritual Liberty in Christ

Know the Truth and the the Truth Will Set You Free.
John 8:31-32
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
 John 14:5-6
Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

This 4th of July, I not only celebrate my freedom in America but I also celebrate my freedom in Christ for He has set me free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2). The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). I, especially, like the way 2 Corinthians 3:17, in the Amplified, reads,
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom). I am not free to sin but free from bondage to sin because I am a new creation in Christ. I heard said that 'we are not sinners because we sin. We sin because we are sinners'. This is what Christ has freed me from. Yes, I will have times when I do sin but I can confess my sins and repent.God will forgive me and cleanse me from all righteousness. (1 John 1:8-9). God has given His Holy Spirit to help me remember what I have been taught and provide a means of resisting temptation (1 Corinthians 10:13).
So celebrate your freedom today and everyday!

Bible Fun Fact: Psalm 118 verse 8 is the center of the Bible: "It is better to trust in the Lord than put confidence in man."

My Prayer: Dear God in heaven, I give You thanks for the freedom that You have given me through Your Son, Jesus Christ. Help me tell others about this freedom. Amen.
Psalm 118 verse 8 is in the center of the Bible: "It is better to trust in the Lord than put confidence in man."

Copy and WIN : http://ow.ly/KNICZ
Psalm 118 verse 8 is in the center of the Bible: "It is better to trust in the Lord than put confidence in man."

Copy and WIN : http://ow.ly/KNICZ
Psalm 118 verse 8 is in the center of the Bible: "It is better to trust in the Lord than put confidence in man."

Copy and WIN : http://ow.ly/KNICZ

No comments:

Post a Comment