Tuesday, July 21, 2015

What is Fear to a Believer?

It is False Evidence Appearing Real!
 Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition ([a]definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. Philippians 4:6 AMP
 Casting the [a]whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, [b]once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you [c]watchfully. 1 Peter 5:7 AMP
 
Today, I struggled with anxiety over that which I have no control. An old tape was playing in my head and my fear was irrational. I was fearful over someone's, dear to me, reaction to something I am creating for my son. This fear seemed to hang on for quite a long time too. I am reminded by a good friend to take it to the Lord, thus the above scripture. God cares for me and everything about me, my hurts and my fears. This project I am working is for my son and it is important to him and how someone else may see it is not for me to fret over. I give thanks for the young man I am blessed to have given birth to and though there are some regrets, I need to be thankful for all that I am blessed to have received. I can take my concerns to God that He would mend the broken places not only in my heart but also in that heart of someone dear to me. I so desire that this creation will be a wonderful gift of remembrance for my son.
 
What false evidence appearing real are you letting hold you back?
 
My prayer: Dear Father in heaven, You know my heart and thus You know my fear. Please mend the broken places not only in my heart but also in someone dear to me. Bless this gift for my son that it would be one of remembrance and joy. Amen.
 
Footnotes:
  1. Philippians 4:6 Joseph Thayer, A Greek-English Lexicon.
  2. 1 Peter 5:7 Marvin Vincent, Word Studies.
  3. 1 Peter 5:7 Marvin Vincent, Word Studies.
  4. 1 Peter 5:7 Marvin Vincent, Word Studies.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment