Thursday, July 30, 2015

Jewels in the King's Crown

That is What We Are as Christians.
Zechariah 9:16 NIV
The Lord their God will save his people on that day
    as a shepherd saves his flock.
They will sparkle in his land
    like jewels in a crown. 
 
 Malachi 3:17 KJV
 And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. 
 
This is what I read in my devotion today. It focused on the passage in Zechariah 9:9-17. Jesus' sacrifice washed us clean so that we now shine like jewels in God's crown. God no longer sees our our sin. When He looks at us He sees the righteousness of Christ. This is what makes us shine like the jewels that we are. What comfort there is in that when the world tells us differently. May the good Lord help us all to see ourselves the way that He sees us now.
 
 
 My Prayer taken from a hymn: O Father, thank you for sending Your Son, the bright jewel of Your crown, from sin and sorrow to set me free. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment