Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Testify to the Truth

What Does It Mean?
According to dictionary.com 
Testify means to make solemn declaration.
To declare, profess, or acknowledge openly.
 
I am called to testify to the truth of Jesus Christ and what He means to me. There are a number of passages in the Bible that speak to testifying. Telling my story is important because it cannot be denied. It is mine and therefore is my experience to the life change that Jesus has done in me. I am to proclaim it to others so that they, too, can receive eternal life in Jesus. For I cannot deny Him or He will deny me before the Father. Jesus is real and He is life. I am not who I used to be and as long as I am on this earth I will continue to abide in Him because He has given me His Holy Spirit (1 John 4:13). My attitude should be like Paul in Acts 20:24, But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
As I tell my story, may it be seasoned with grace and gentleness. There is power in the name of Jesus and the Holy Spirit will put the words in my mouth to say. It is for His glory and not mine that I wish to speak for Him.
 
May you also be called to testify to the truth with grace and gentleness by the power of the Holy Spirit. To God be the glory.
 
Interesting Bible Fact: 2 John has the fewest number of verses of any book in the Bible - it is the shortest book in the Bible.

The word "Christian" appears only three times in the Bible: Acts 11:26; 26:28; 1 Peter 4:16.

Copy and WIN : http://ow.ly/KNICZ
The word "Christian" appears only three times in the Bible: Acts 11:26; 26:28; 1 Peter 4:16.

Copy and WIN : http://ow.ly/KNICZ

1 comment:

  1. It's always a high point of my day to read your blog! I can tell you are deep in the Word, seeking God's wisdom which is "more precious than rubies" (Proverbs 8:11).

    ReplyDelete