Saturday, July 18, 2015

Peace Promised to Believers

Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. Psalm 119:165 (KJV)

The Lord gives strength to his people;
    the Lord blesses his people with peace. Psalm 29:11

You will keep in perfect peace
    those whose minds are steadfast,
 because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:1

These are just a few of the verses that talk about peace. This peace is bestowed upon anyone who puts their faith in Jesus. I particularly like the way Psalm 119 verse 165 reads in the King James because nothing offends the one who loves the Lord and His word. By keeping my mind on God, He keeps me in perfect peace because I trust Him. People today seem to be so easily offended. It takes a good deal to offend me now. Should I get offended I need to realize it is my problem and get over it. I have to stop and recognize what is really going on. Sometimes it is someone just trying to see how I am going to react and in turn get some kind of pleasure out of it. The peace I now have in God helps me from getting angry over minute details. When I am weak, I do tend to overreact and when that happens I need to promptly admit my mistake and ask for forgiveness. Peace now flows like a river inside me and I rejoice in the love, grace, and forgiveness that is found in Jesus. It is this kind of peace that should draw others to Christ because it passes all understanding and is life changing.

May the peace of our Lord and Savior be with you!


My Prayer: Dear Father in heaven, thank you for the peace You give me when my mind is steadfast on You. May others come to know this peace too. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Truth, well said! I love how God has uncovered my strongholds by me focusing on why I am offended in certain circumstances.

    ReplyDelete