Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Stand Firm

Stand Firm in United Spirit and Purpose.
Philippians 1:26-28 (AMP)
26 So that in me you may have abundant cause for exultation and glorying in Christ Jesus, through my coming to you again.
27 Only be sure as citizens so to conduct yourselves [that] your manner of life [will be] worthy of the good news (the Gospel) of Christ, so that whether I [do] come and see you or am absent, I may hear this of you: that you are standing firm in united spirit and purpose, striving side by side and contending with a single mind for the faith of the glad tidings (the Gospel).
28 And do not [for a moment] be frightened or intimidated in anything by your opponents and adversaries, for such [constancy and fearlessness] will be a clear sign (proof and seal) to them of [their impending] destruction, but [a sure token and evidence] of your deliverance and salvation, and that from God.

Again I am reminded of how I am to conduct myself. I am to stand firm and contend for the faith not being fearful of those who oppose it. I am, as for as it is in my ability, to live at peace with others. In Ephesians chapter 6, I am told to put on the armor of God that I may be able to resist and stand my ground firmly. By my actions, it will be clear sign of my deliverance and salvation to which they might be drawn to and come to the knowledge of the truth, Jesus Christ. Remembering that we war against the spirit that is in the world and that Christ has already won the battle. Jesus said that the world hates Him and would hate those who follow Him, so this should not surprise me. God said that there would days like this. 
Allowing God's word to dwell in me, I can be at peace even though there is chaos around me. The power of the Holy Spirit enables me to be at peace and to love not only in my words but also by my actions. God is in control and knows the outcome for all. I need not fear or be troubled. God's got this! I can be of good courage for God is with me wherever I go.

Interesting Bible Fact: Obadiah, with 21 verses consisting of 602 words, is the shortest in the Old Testament, and the third shortest in the Bible.

My Prayer: Dear God, I put my trust in You. Thank you for Your word and for showing me that I need not fear anyone. Your word is true. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment