Thursday, March 5, 2015

Treasure Thursday: My Peanut Butter Puddle with a Poodle Story

Something funny happened while I was in Las Vegas visiting family. My brother  & I went to lunch at Layer's Bakery where they have a peanut butter puddle cookie. I wrote this little story based on our experience there. For you see, I very much like Dr. Seuss.

Peanut Butter Puddle With a Poodle Story
While I was in Las Vegas my brother, Mike, and I went to Layer's Bakery and there I saw a peanut butter puddle cookie. I thought to myself wouldn't it be nice to eat a peanut butter puddle with a poodle. 
As we were leaving we stepped out onto the patio, where there was a gentleman eating his hot dog with his beautiful black standard poodle. I kid you not! I said to the gentleman, "You should go in and get yourself a peanut butter puddle to eat with your poodle." He looked at me as if I was crazy and that was okay because I did not care for I was not from there.
 So if you are ever in Henderson, Nevada, and have the opportunity to go to Layer's Bakery, be sure to take your poodle with you and get yourself a peanut butter puddle to eat with you poodle while standing in a puddle. The End.

I do so hope that I made you smile for this was something that only God could  have orchestrated for He knows how much I like to read Dr. Seuss. I so much enjoyed that day I spent with my brother for we both got silly. God loves us with an everlasting love and if we stop and look we kind find His love even in the smallest of things like a peanut butter puddle and a poodle.

Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is in your midst,
    a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
    he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing."

No comments:

Post a Comment