Saturday, March 21, 2015

Grace: There is No Sweeter Word

Without It We Would All Be Lost

The acronym for today is GRACE. I have two for this one. One came from my pastor at Faith Lutheran and the other comes from Celebrate Recovery. Let's look at them respectively.
God's    
Riches  
At         
Christ's  
Expense

You see grace is receiving that which we did not deserve. Through Christ's death and resurrection we have received God's unmerited favor. It is like a man going before a judge and having his fees paid for without asking for help.

God's gift
We are justified by His grace as a gift. (Romans 3:24)
Received by our faith
 For by grace you have been saved through faith. (Ephesians 2:8a) 
 Accepted by God's Love
God loved us while we were still sinning. (Romans 5:8)
Christ paid the price
 In Hm we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace (Ephesians 1:7)
Everlasting gift
And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. (Philippians 1:6)

Grace is so amazing in that there is nothing we can do to add to or take away from it. It is a gift freely given. Christ paid a debt we could not pay and died a death we deserved. It is so simple but yet so many have a hard time accepting it. 

Christ continues to make a difference in my life and I desire for others to know what I know about Jesus. I encourage you to spend time this Easter contemplating on what He did for you. On March 28th here in the Austin area you are invited to see the Easter Passion Play at Manor High School click on the link, Easter Triumph Passion Play.

Here is something that I think that you will enjoy Acappella Singing of Amazing Grace.

My disclaimer: I know that every believer's relationship to God is different and unique. You may not have the same experiences and that is okay. I am sharing because I want to bring Him the glory for what He is doing in me and impart to you what I have learned from His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment