Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Greater is Jesus in Me than he that is in the World!

1 John 4:4,
 "Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for He (Jesus) who is in you is greater that he (Satan) who is in the world."

I take great comfort in this because I know no matter what comes my way I am okay for He is with me. He surrounds me with His amazing love through the prayers and encouraging words of my friends and family. There is nothing that can separate me from His love and He truly works all things out for my good, helping to shape my character to be more like Jesus everyday.

Looking at the verse above the reference for the "them" that we have overcome is the Antichrist which is the spirit that does not confess that Jesus is from God. By confessing Jesus is Lord , as a believer, I have overcome that spirit. I have victory in Jesus. With the passing of my father who I know has gone to be with Jesus, I take comfort in this. There is none like Jesus in all the earth. I know that one day I will see my father in heaven when I see Jesus. I am thankful for the time that I spent getting to know my father. 

God's got him now. I pray for comfort and peace for those of us who will mourn his passing but rejoice that he is with Jesus and no longer suffering. I take comfort in God's word.

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, 17 comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word.


My disclaimer: I know that every believer's relationship to God is different and unique. You may not have the same experiences and that is okay. I am sharing because I want to bring Him the glory for what He is doing in me and impart to you what I have learned from His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment