Saturday, March 7, 2015

If God Had a Cell Phone

Many years ago, a dear friend of mine introduced me to her father who gave me this verse to think on 
Jeremiah 33:3, Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know’ (NIV). This would later lead me to contemplate on what God's cell phone number could be using two words, Cry & Call. There are a number of scriptures that refer to crying out to God or calling on his name.

Psalm 145:18-19,
"The Lord is near to all who call on him,
    to all who call on him in truth.
19 He fulfills the desire of those who fear him;
  he also hears their cry and saves them." (ESV)

Psalm 57:2 
"I cry out to God Most High,  to God who fulfills his purpose for me." (ESV)

Psalm 3:4
"I call out to the Lord,and he answers me from his holy mountain." (NIV)

Psalm 18:3,6
"I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
    and I am saved from my enemies."

"In my distress I called upon the Lord;
    to my God I cried for help.
From his temple he heard my voice,
    and my cry to him reached his ears." (ESV)


When you use numbers from the phone to replace the letters you get 279-2255.  Mind you, this is not a for real number but just something to consider to help you to remember that when you cry or call out to Him in truth He fulfills the desire of those who fear Him and will answer their cries.
Proverbs 1:20 -30 gives good reason why God does not answer when people cry out to Him.
What great and unsearchable things has God revealed to you when you call to Him?


My disclaimer: I know that every believer's relationship to God is different and unique. You may not have the same experiences and that is okay. I am sharing because I want to bring Him the glory for what He is doing in me and impart to you what I have learned from His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment