Thursday, March 12, 2015

Counting My Blessings and Giving Thanks to God.

Give Thanks Unto the Lord!

Psalm 86:12,"I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever."

Last week, I had a procedure done which required prep and anesthesia. I am thankful for the friends that prayed for me and those who called or texted me to see how I was doing. It is a joy to know how many people cared about me.

I am thankful for the women in my core group at Community Bible Study. They are a wonderfully diverse group and each one is a beautiful woman of God. I am blessed to have young babies in our group and each one is a unique gift from God to their families. I am thankful for my core leader who perseveres in her own struggles to be with us each week. 

I am thankful for the scars I have acquired along my way for they shaped me into who God wants me to be. I am forever grateful for the difficult people in my life because I have learned that God uses them to help me grow stronger in certain areas of my life. I am thankful for all of my life experiences, good and bad.

An attitude of gratitude goes a long way to uplift one's spirit and put things in the right perspective. What can you give thanks to God for in your life?

Psalm 106:1,"Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!"


My disclaimer: I know that every believer's relationship to God is different and unique. You may not have the same experiences and that is okay. I am sharing because I want to bring Him the glory for what He is doing in me and impart to you what I have learned from His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment