Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Sharing My Story with You Part 2

My Many Many Blessings

Life itself is the first of my many many blessings. You see, I was born prematurely and when my mom took me home the doctor did not expect me to live. My mom would sleep with her hand on me and when I stopped breathing she would wake and help me to breathe again, for this I am forever grateful. I was the first born and later I was blessed to have two brothers from my mom's first marriage and a sister after my mom remarried. Sister was born during my senior year of high school. I remember Dad picking my brother and I up from school to meet our baby sister and who is now a beautiful young woman.

I am blessed to know Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I have had a love of God's word since I can remember. I am thankful to have grown up going to church.
 
My next blessing came when I married my first love in February of 1989. He was a people person and loved to be around others. He would have given the shirt of his back if someone was in need. He loved music and football. I am forever blessed to have known him because I gave birth to his son in July of 1991. This is one of the greatest blessings in my life. I am thankful to have become a mom and my son is a wonderful young man. Sadly, my son did not get know his father for he was killed in a car accident before he was born.

I was a single parent for 15 years before God would bring into my life, my heart's desire. We met in 2004 while taking our sons to a group to help them with their challenges in life. We married in 2006 and I am beyond words to express how blessed I truly am. I now have a family of six between the two of us. Our children are beautiful people with many gifts and talents.

These are just a few of my many many blessings. There are many others on a more personal scale from life lessons along the way. God is good all the time!

What are some of your blessings in life? Psalm 103:22, "Bless the Lord, all his works, in all places of his dominion. Bless the Lord, O my soul!"

My disclaimer: I know that every believer's relationship to God is different and unique. You may not have the same experiences and that is okay. I am sharing because I want to bring Him the glory for what He is doing in me and impart to you what I have learned from His word.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment