Friday, March 27, 2015

The Suffiency of God's Grace

I am weak but He is strong!
2 Corinthians 12:7b-10
"Therefore, in order to keep me from being conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh .... Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in in weakness." ... For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I am writing this in between flights to Las Vegas. I have been given a thorn in my side much like the apostle Paul. As of Tuesday morning  this week, my allergies have caused my right to become blocked and I cannot hear out it yet there is a constant ringing. I am weak but He is strong. I was afraid to fly but I went to two doctors as to whether or not I could fly. By the grace of God, I can still hear out of my left, I have several medications on board, and though I am tired there is no pain in my right ear. His grace is sufficient and I will boast in the Lord. The joy of the Lord is my strength. It is my hope and prayer that my ear will eventually clear and my hearing fully restored. For God is my healer and I have faith in Him. It would be easy to complain and feel sorry for myself but that would not bring God glory nor accomplish anything.
I do not know when or how but I have to trust that God will make me well again until then I have to draw strength from His word.

My disclaimer: I know that each believer's relationship is unique and special to God. I share what God is showing me and what I learning to bring Him glory and not myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment