Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Sharing My Story with You Part 1



Today, I thought that I would tell you a little about me. I was born in Fort Worth, Texas on a Wednesday in the fall of 1965 in the early morning hours. I am the oldest of my mother’s children of which there were 4. I moved around a lot growing up. I believed in the Lord Jesus as my Lord and Savior when I was 12 at a church revival on Romans 10:13, “Whosoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved,” (KJV). I have had a love for God’s Word since I can remember. I remember doing Dial a Prayer studies about the age of 10 and Radically Active Discipleship in my 20’s. I have attended different Bible studies ever since including Bible Study Fellowship for 7 years and currently attending Community Bible Study.

It has not been an easy road but without my faith I hate to think of where I would be right now. My parents divorced when I was 10 and Mom remarried. We continued to move around quite a bit. I have experienced great losses; deaths of a young brother when I was 12, an uncle when I was 14 and a spouse while pregnant and overseas when I was 25. These are just a few of the valleys in my life but God was there with me all the way. Next Tuesday I will share some of the many blessings in my life.

Where in your life do you look back and see only one set of footprints when Jesus carried you?

My disclaimer: I know that every believer's relationship to God is different and unique. You may not have the same experiences and that is okay. I am sharing because I want to bring Him the glory for what He is doing in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment