Saturday, January 9, 2016

Spiritual Rest

Good for the Soul.

In Matthew, I am instructed to turn to Jesus to find rest for my soul, for He is gentle and His yoke is easy. From Proverbs, I will dwell secure and be at ease, without fear or dread of disaster, if I listen to God's wisdom. I looked up the definition for refuge and I chose the third definition; anything to which one has recourse for aid, relief, or escape. God is where I can turn for aid, relief, or escape for there is no other place that can afford me the security that He alone provides me. Psalm 62:8, God is my refuge and I am to trust in Him at all times. It is in Him that I find my rest and He will renew my strength that I may be all that He created me to be and do. Rest in Him; it does the body good!



My Prayer: Dear God, may I find my rest in You. You alone are my refuge yet I am not always mindful of this. Help me to remember that You are my strength and source of rest. May others find rest in You as well. Amen.

Note: I will be absent for a few days but will return on Thursday. Blessings to you in His grace and peace.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment