Thursday, January 7, 2016

Be Renewed & Be Transformed

More on Being
 Ephesians 4:23; Romans 12:2; Colossians 3:10

As I continue mining God's Word, I am finding more instructions on being. Ephesians tells me to be renewed in the spirit of my mind. Romans tells me even more, I am not to be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of my mind. Colossians reads that I am to put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created me.
Wow, there is a lot here. I am to be renewed in my mind and be transformed by the renewing of my mind. Renew in the Greek means to replace thought process in error. 
So what thought process is in error? That would have to be the way that I was trained and the way the world wants me to think.
How am I to do this? The word of God. Hebrews 4:12, For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 
God's word is truth. It sanctifies and cleanses those who love Him. The Word is what will renew and transform my mind and to be like Him. After all, I am a new creation in Him. Though I still contend with my sinful nature and do those things which I know that I should not and not do the things that I should. This is what makes grace so amazing. If I admit my sins and confess then God who is faithful and just will forgive me for all my sins. He is a God of second chances.
My Prayer: Dear God, thank you for loving me and helping to renew and transform my thinking. Forgive for the many times that I fall short. Give me the strength to do better. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment