Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Spiritual Abundance

God's Gifts of

Joy: Psalm 36:7-9,  
  How precious is your steadfast love, O God!
    The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
They feast on the abundance of your house,
    and you give them drink from the river of your delights.
For with you is the fountain of life;
    in your light do we see light.

Life: John 10:10-11, Jesus speaking,
  10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

Grace: 2 Corinthians 9:6-8,
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

Power: Ephesians 3:20-21,
20 Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

These are just a few of the many gifts that God gives to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. With these gifts I am better able to be a blessing to others and glorify God. God is indeed a good, good Father. He bids me to ask and keep on asking, to seek and keep on seeking, and knock and keep on knocking. It is an active relationship between Him and I. I have at times and I am experiencing these gifts in my life. He truly is able to do more than all I can ask or imagine.


 My Prayer: Dear Father in heaven, it is by Your mercy and grace that I have received Your many blessings and gifts. Help me to use them wisely and with discernment to be a blessing to others. I give You thanks and praise for them all. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment