Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Ask & You Shall Receive

Yet, God Does Require Something of Me First.
John 14:13; 15:7;  16:24; 1 John 5:14

Ask and I shall receive sounds great, however, I can't just ask for anything and everything I want. In God's word Jesus tells me that whatever I ask for I should ask it in His name that the Father may be glorified. It tells me further that I am to abide in Him and His words in me then what I ask for will be according to His will which is key to receive that which I ask. This way, too, I am asking for others and not just myself and seeking to glorify God and not myself. My heavenly Father wants me to ask according to His will and in the name of Jesus that in receiving my joy may be full. God is a good Father. All good gifts come down from the Father. It is out of His great love for mankind that He bids me to come to Him with my petitions and requests. Let me not forget to ask with praise and thanksgiving in my heart. According to Matthew 21:22, I am to have faith when I pray that I will receive what I ask and in God's timing not my own. However, Satan wants to fill my head with lies that my heavenly will not hear me let alone answer. For when I am not in prayer, I am defeated. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.


My Prayer: Lord, hear my prayer, You are a good, good Father for You love me with an everlasting love. You are sovereign and there is none like in all the earth. Please give me wisdom and discernment in dealing with others that I may bring You glory. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment