Thursday, January 28, 2016

More Spiritual Abundance

More of God's Gifts.

Supplies: Philippians 4:19,
And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.  

Entrance: 2 Peter 1:10-11,
10 Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. 11 For in this way there will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (The qualities mentioned here are found in verses 5-7 of the same chapter. Read the first 15 verses. There is a lot of great wisdom here.)

God bids me to come and ask having the faith which is more than believing it is  knowing that He will provide. I have experienced His abundance and answers to many a prayer. I use scriptures to pray because all God's promises are yes in Him. There are many times when I have had to wait on God's timing and times when I have stepped out on my own only to fall on my face. God is more than gracious to forgive me and has taught me many valuable lessons from my wrong steps. There is a big difference between need and want. Philippians says that God will supply all my need not my want. I do want to use caution here and remind you that 2 Peter is not promoting works for salvation. Paul is pointing out the qualities that are desirable in a believer and that there is a reward in heaven for those who practice these qualities. There is to be fruit that bears witness to what I believe.

My Prayer: Dear Lord, hear my prayer, cause me to develop these qualities in my life that I may bring You glory and show others the way to You. Forgive me when I fall short and I will more times than not. Help me to forgive myself and show grace and mercy to others. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment