Monday, January 4, 2016

Good Advice

Just Be.

Last month, someone told me to just be. This turned out to be just the right thing for me. Instead of fretting over what or how someone was going to respond or think about something I did, I just let myself be. I accepted things as they were and did not try to make everyone happy. When I get stressed I stop and think, just be. 
I know there are several places in the New Testament that "be" is used. I found a few in Ephesians 4:17-5:21. This helps me to know how I am to "be."

4:23-24   to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. (NIV)
 4:32  Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.(NIV)
5:1 -2 Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma. (NKJV)
5:15-20  Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, 20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Therefore, I am to be made new in my attitudes, be kind and compassionate to those around me, forgiving them as God has forgiven me. I am to be an imitator of God walking in love and yet to be careful how I live and making the most of every opportunity nor being foolish, seeking only to know His will. I am to be filled with His spirit in order to encourage and lift others up with songs, psalms, and hymns.

My Prayer: Dear God, help me to be. To Be kind and compassionate as well as forgiving. To be filled with Your spirit that I all I say and do count for Your glory. I know that apart from You I can do nothing. Work in me and through me,Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment