Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Just Be Part 2

A Continuance on a Theme

Yesterday's posting was in regards to "just be." Delving further into God's word, I came across some more scriptures to help me know how to "be." 

Hebrews 12:14-15 Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. 15 See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.
2 Timothy 2:22-24 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23 Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.

Therefore, with the Lord's help, I am to be peaceable with everyone and I am not to allow bitterness to take root because it only causes trouble. I am to be a pursuer of righteousness, love and peace and in turn steer clear of foolish and stupid arguments which only lead to quarrels. As a servant of the Lord's, I am not to be quarrelsome though I am to be kind to everyone, able to teach and not resentful.

With this in mind, at the end of the day, I ought to examine myself to see if and where I have fallen short in my goal to "be" what I have been instructed to "be" according to His word. Then I can seek forgiveness, repent, and seek God's strength to do better the next day. 

My Prayer: Dear God, hear my prayer, forgive me for when I have fallen short in my effort to be all that You have called me to be and help me to strive to do better tomorrow. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment