Monday, January 25, 2016

Lack Wisdom then Ask God

He Finds No Fault in Our Asking!
James 1:5; 3:15-18
  
I, especially, like James 1:5 because God finds no fault in my asking for wisdom; not only that but He also will give it generously to those who ask. How often, am I generous when asked of something? Not so much, I'm afraid. I am so glad that God is not like me. Yet, His wisdom is far greater than worldly wisdom which is envious and bitter as well as full of self ambition. God's wisdom is from above and it is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness. Who wouldn't want this kind of wisdom? 
As I encourage my young men, who have their unique challenges, into the working world, I have to draw on God's wisdom so that I do not sabotage their growth. I lift them up in prayer that God would give them strength and perseverance necessary to do their work. I know that God has a future and a hope for them. I cannot allow myself to get in the way. I cannot rescue them. The time as come from them to become all that God has created them to be. God, alone, is able to give them the ability to achieve success.


My Prayer: Dear Lord God, I praise and thank You for the job opportunity for my young men. Please inspire them on to greater things and strengthen them. Help me not to get in the way or to rescue them. You have a purpose and a plan for them. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment