Saturday, January 2, 2016

Prayer for The New Year!


I recently read Bronwyn Lea's blog (see link above) and she helped me to change the way I pray as well. In her blog, she said that one word changed the way she prayed. Therefore, I want to model my prayers in the same manner. Instead of make it better, make it count! Here is my prayer for the new year.

Dear Lord,
Make this year count in all that I say and do. Whatever, trials may come my way make it count in some way to cause me to grow and/or point others to You. Your word tells me that You are not slow in keeping Your promises and that You are patient with people not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance. Use me, God in new ways to bring glory to Your name and show mercy to those around me. I desire to always be humble before You though I know that I am prone to seek approval of others. You, alone, are worthy to receive all glory and honor. 
I give You thanks and praise for all that I have been through in 2015 and I look forward to what You have in store for me in 2016.
Amen, come Lord Jesus!

May you, too, be encouraged to ask God to make your life count for Him.  
John 3:30 He must become greater; I must become less.

No comments:

Post a Comment