Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Morning & Evening Prayers

In Reflection of the 
Just Be Postings

Here are prayers that I composed to help me stay focused on the One who has the power to help me to "just be." May they also help you to seek God's power to be as He as called us.

Morning Prayer

Dear Father in heaven, hear my prayer.

I ask that You would make me in new in my attitudes that I would be kind and compassionate to those I come in contact with as well as those I love. Cause me be to be an imitator of You. Help me to walk in love and to make the most of every opportunity. By the power of Your Holy Spirit, direct me away from all foolish talk and give me the right words to respond. May all I say and do count and encourage others to do the same. All glory and honor be Yours. Amen.


Evening Prayer

Dear Father in heaven,

Search my heart and show me where I failed to be peaceable with my neighbor. Reveal to me any bitterness that I might confess it and replace it with forgiveness, grace, and mercy. If I were quarrelsome today, forgive me and help me to be kind to everyone especially those on the road with me. Restore to me the desire to seek righteousness, love and peace. All these I ask that I might bring You glory and point others to You. Amen.
 

[ Be Holy ] Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming.
1 Peter 1:13 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment