Tuesday, May 19, 2015

My Flesh Contends with God's Spirit in Me.

My Spirit is Willing but My Flesh is Weak.
Galatians 5:17
For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.  

Mark 19:38
Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.
 
This has been my quandary for this week since my surgery last Thursday. I was depressed yesterday. I knew what I needed to do but I found myself reluctant much like a sick child not wanting to take her medicine in order to get well. With all of the sundry things that have challenged my health so far this year, I am not happy with the changes in my body. I am feeling my age and lamenting over how things used to be, therefore, the struggle between my flesh and God's spirit in me has become more noticeable. Please forgive me for my pity party. 
In order to turn things around, I need to remind myself of the many things that I have to be grateful for, which to name a few are healthcare to be able to take care of myself, house and home, loving husband and family, and the resources to shake off this mood. Praise be to God for He loves me just the same. Learning to admit this is the first step to a healthy recovery. It is much like following doctor's orders to improve and get better, therefore, I need to sing praises to God, pray, read my Bible, and confess my sins.
Isn't God great?! He is full of mercy and grace for He knows that I will fall short more than once in my lifetime. Victory goes to God!!

My Prayer: Dear Father in heaven, forgive me for feeling sorry for myself and being reluctant to turn to You for help. Restore to me the joy of Your Salvation and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment