Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Looking Back On,

The Many Roles That I Have Been Blessed to Serve.
1 Peter 4:10 (NIV)
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
 
In my life, I have had the pleasure of serving others in different capacities. I have served in the Air Force. I had the honor of serving at my church in Sunday School for a couple of years. Serving as a children's leader in Bible Study Fellowship for a little more than 4 years was very rewarding. I learned a lot from being in leadership there. I have served in Celebrate Recovery for a couple of years. Currently, I am serving in the Williamson County Christian Women's Connection. Some of my hardest lesson have come from these roles. When God tells you it is time to make a change don't put it off. He has a way of making you change and sometimes it can be quite uncomfortable. One more than one occasion God made me make a change and I did not like it and I put up quite a fit over it. Looking back I see that He did know what was best for me. Leaving one position helped me to value the next one. A dear friend said to me that I seem to get into competitive arguments (if you know what I mean). I have to say that I did not want to admit it but she was right. God truly has a way of humbling me. Humility is not thinking less of myself. It is thinking of myself less and putting others first. In other words, I am not to be glory seeking for my benefit.
Matthew 23:12
 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.
 
James 4:10 
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up. 
 
By God's grace, I seek to be more humble in my serving and not get into competitive arguments. It is not always easy but it is rewarding. Thanks be to God for all that He has done and yet to do in me.
 
My Prayer: Dear Father in heaven, thank you for teaching me what I need to learn and for helping me along the way. Forgive me for the times I seek my glory and cause me to serve others out of humility and love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment