Thursday, May 7, 2015

What Am I Thankful For?

Difficult Times and Difficult People
Why?

I saw a post recently on Facebook that said, 'When God wants you to grow, He makes you uncomfortable.' There have been many times in the first part of this year that have made me uncomfortable. To be honest, I have not accepted them too well. It has only been in hindsight that I have come to appreciate those times. God has been ever faithful and has seen me through them with me fussing and fuming along the way. The outcome has always been worth the trial and the uncomfortableness. If only I could learn to recognize what God is doing and trust in Him more to work things out for my good. I have to admit that I can be someone else's difficult person for I am not a perfect saint by any means. The verse that comes to my mind is Philippians 2:12-13,
12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.
 
Yes, God does have a purpose for everything. He has made each person on purpose for a purpose. Whether or not we acknowledge this is up to each person. So I give thanks for those times when I am challenged by a difficult time and/or difficult person. When I take time to seek Him, He will show me His plan and help me to make the right choice of action or give the right reply. May I not forget the times that He has proven Himself faithful, trustworthy, and true to His promises.

Have you ever stopped to think that in your difficult moments that God has something for you to learn from it all?
 
My Prayer: Dear Father in heaven, I give You thanks that You love me enough to encourage me to grow. Forgive me for the times that I have complained. Help me to learn that You are working all things out for my good. Be with those who are in their difficult times and cause them to see Your hand in it all. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment