Friday, May 8, 2015

Rejoice in the Lord!

I Shall Rejoice in the Lord!!
Why?
 
Psalm 64:9-10 (NIV)
All people will fear;
    they will proclaim the works of God
    and ponder what He has done.
10 The righteous will rejoice in the Lord
    and take refuge in Him;
    all the upright in heart will glory in Him!

 Philippians 4:4-5 (NIV)
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

I rejoice in the Lord for He is good and it makes my heart glad. I have come through another crisis and I am better for it. It was not easy of course but God is true to His word and worked all things for my good. I learned that I can talk things out with someone close to me and not be held captive to old patterns of thought and/or actions as before. Now I can say with a little more conviction,
 'Come what may, I will be okay for the Lord is with me!' 
I am learning to be comfortable with the uncomfortable. So let me rejoice as David did in the psalms.
 
 Psalm 104:33-34 (NIV)
I will sing to the Lord all my life;
    I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
34 May my meditation be pleasing to Him,
    as I rejoice in the Lord.
 
I rejoice in the Lord for He is my refuge in times of trouble and despair. May my gentleness be evident to all and I shall sing of His praise for as long as I shall live.  
What do you have to rejoice in the Lord for?
 
My Prayer: Dear Father in heaven, may my meditation be pleasing to You as I rejoice in You. I give You thanks and praise for seeing me through another crisis and helping me to learn to be comfortable with the uncomfortable. I rejoice in You for You are good. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I like the post Patricia. It is often so difficult to rejoice in the midst of heartache but if we stop pushing against what God is allowing in our life and go with it, relying on Him, we will come through stronger

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Holy Spirit our comforter in uncomfortable times. May I too always rejoice...no matter what!

    ReplyDelete